Syria Crisis: Assistance for Refugees
With the Syrian war in its 6th year, more than 400,000 people have been killed and 11 million others have been uprooted from their families and their lives. Children, who make up more than half of Syrian refugees in the Middle East, are paying the heaviest price: many have witnessed violence and the loss of homes or loved ones; the vast majority have been out of school for years.
Catholic Relief Services supports the efforts of Pope Francis, who has appealed for “an end to the violence and the peaceful resolution of hostilities” in Syria.
While the needs of the refugees grow, CRS and our Caritas partners in the region are providing assistance with education, counseling and care for children, housing, and livelihood support. We also provide basic necessities. We support urgent medical care and emergency relief for tens of thousands of Syrian refugees in the areas most affected by the conflict.
Read More About the Syria Refugee Crisis
- Syrian Refugee Crisis: 7 Things You Can Do to Help
- Syrian Refugees: Meet the People Everyone's Talking About
- Syria Refugee Crisis by the Numbers
- 11 Things You May Not Know about Refugees
- Quotes from Church Teachings on the Rights of Refugees and Migrants
What You Can Do to Help Refugees
- Help Innocent Families Affected by the Violence in Syria
- Pray for Peace for Syria
- Urge Your Members of Congress to Do More to Help Syrian Refugee