Resources for Service Immersion and Mission Trips
CRS has developed resources for short-term, international immersion and mission trips. Rooted in Catholic teaching and based on our extensive experience working with partners overseas, these resources are designed to be used by a facilitator with groups as they prepare for, take and return from trips.
Please note: CRS is not able to sponsor trips overseas.
A comprehensive document that:
- Provides a framework for short-term immersion
- Helps prepare a group for the journey
- Includes daily reflections and a commissioning
- Re-orients a group after they return home
- Includes handouts and reflections referenced in the facilitator’s guide. It’s designed to accompany participants before, during and after the trip.
Resources for specific part of trip
We have also divided the facilitator's guide into separate documents with resources for formation before, during and after the trip. These are:
- Pre-immersion: 3 sample orientation sessions
- During immersion: Daily reflections and a commissioning
- Post-immersion: 2 sample sessions after participants' return
Please also see a service learning retreat from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and CRS that provides training to those leading service immersion experiences.