The Church Responds to Hurricane Matthew
Hurricane Matthew, a powerful category 4 storm, made landfall in Haiti on Tuesday, October 4, with 145 mile per hour winds, storm surges and up to 40 inches of rainfall. As many as 900 were killed and tens of thousands of homes destroyed.
Catholic Relief Services is responding alongside partners. CRS works on behalf of Catholics in the United States to assist poor and vulnerable people around the world.
Please support the Church's response to Hurricane Matthew as we pray, learn, act and give to those in need.
As Catholics, we recognize that prayer binds us in solidarity to our neighbors in distress, and connects us more deeply with the grace that flows from God. In times like these, we encourage responses that begin with prayer.
- Download a handout with information about Hurricane Matthew and our emergency response. l En Español
- Read the latest news about the disaster and our response. l En Español
- View photos of the immediate aftermath of the hurricane initial relief efforts.
- Share this video on social media to spread the word about how the Church is responding and how people can help.
- Include information in your parish bulletin. (Contenido bilingüe)
- Share creative ideas about how faith communities can respond.