Manuals | July 8, 2007
Preparing Farmer Groups to Engage Successfully with Markets
How can we strengthen groups of farmers who are at a very early stage of engaging with markets and who aspire to successful agro-enterprise development? This manual provides advice for program managers and field staff on how to foster several crucial skill sets.
The five key skill sets considered in this field guide include (1) group organization and management; (2) internal savings and lending; (3) experimentation and innovation (knowing how to access and apply new technology); (4) basic marketing skills; and (5) sustainable production (including improved natural resource management).
- Skill Set #1: Group Management Skills
- Skill Set #2: Internal Savings and Lending Skills
- Skill Set #3: Basic Market Skills
- Skill Set #4: Innovation and Experimentation Skills
- Skill Set #5: Sustainable Production and Natural Resource Management Skills
- Tool #1: Find Out about Groups
- Tool #2: A Five Skill Set Checklist