Case Studies | September 9, 2012
The Ethical Agent
An ethical agent is ideally a person or team with both development experience and commercial experience. The agent builds relationships with all the actors along the supply chain to improve livelihoods and ensure a commercially viable supply chain.
The Kenyan Fresh Flowers project investigated whether small- or medium-sized enterprises working with small-scale farmers could sell direct to modern retailers such as U.K. or U.S. supermarkets.
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Executive Summary
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Growing Flowers in Kenya
- 3. The Flower Team
- 4. Project Implementation and the Role of the Ethical Agents
- 5. Developing a Unique Product
- 6. Building Capacity to Supply the Retail Market
- 7. Monitoring Development Impact
- 8. Conclusions
- New Business Models Publications