Guidelines | June 23, 2023
CRS Supply Chain Management Handbook
The CRS Supply Chain Management Handbook captures best practices in supply chain management that enable CRS to effectively meet the needs of those we serve. This handbook is the product of numerous peer reviewers, subject matter experts, and the collective experience of CRS colleagues in the agency’s 79 years of service. Our Supply Chain Management Handbook serves different purposes for our multiple stakeholders –
- Provide how-to guidance, resources, and support on industry best practices and supply chain excellence throughout CRS.
- Include links to internal documents and resources on myCRS SharePoint (not available currently to external users).
Partners, NGOs, and Other Organizations
- Provide guidance for any good or service that enters a CRS supply chain, anywhere in the world.
- Share supply chain practices to better prepare and deliver to people in need around the globe.
- Affirm CRS’ continued commitment to all donor regulations and agency policies and procedures.
- Convey CRS’ global supply chain practices maximize the efficiency of donor resources.
The handbook contains many links to internal resources located on a secured, global CRS website that is not accessible to external entities. We aim to make more of these resources accessible to external readers in the future.
Additionally, our Supply Chain Management Handbook includes a Health Annex for CRS staff who manage projects and activities that involve health products. The Health Annex provides valuable guidance on implementing projects according to international standards and donor requirements and building sustainable health supply chain systems across the agency and in supported countries.