Case Studies | November 7, 2012
This case study describes efforts to meet growing industry demand for certified cocoa by rapidly scaling up a network of certified farmers in the cocoa-producing countries of Ghana and Ivory Coast.
By working through supply chain companies and trader networks, the project was able to certify more than 15,000 farmers in just three years. The team also explored new ways to reduce costs to farmers and to increase farmer benefits.
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Executive Summary
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Cocoa Farmers in West Africa
- 3. The Global Cocoa Industry
- 4. The Concept of Voluntary Certification
- 5. Rainforest Alliance and Cocoa
- 6. Project Strategy
- 7. Taking Stock: Successes and Challenges
- New Business Models Publications