Media CenterPope Francis on Impact Investing
As the 2016 Impact Investing conference comes to a close at the Vatican, Pope Francis mentioned the value of impact investing in his Angelus message in St. Peter's Square this morning, stating that private investments, together with public ones, can help overcome the poverty of so many marginalized people.
The conference, entitled Making the Year of Mercy a Year of Impact for the Poor, was hosted by the Vatican's Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace and Catholic Relief Services. It brought together impact investing experts and Catholic leaders from around the world to explore how the Catholic Church and other faith-based institutions can harness the power of impact capital to attain and sustain their social mission. Read more about the conference in these media articles.
Media Articles about the 2016 Impact Investing Conference
- ‘Impact investing’ seeks to harness capital to help the poor, by Crux
- The Catholic Church's vision for impact investing, by Devex Impact
- Podcast: Conference to explore investing as way to grow church ministries, by Our Sunday Visitor
- Impact Investing conference to take place in Vatican - June 26-28, by Vatican Radio
- Cardinal McCarrick: Impact Investing ‘a great new way to help the poor,' by Vatican Radio