Laudato Si' - Our Common Home and the Effects of Climate Change
Why this Matters
Every day, we witness the effects of the changing climate on poor and vulnerable people around the world. Farmers we serve are losing their crops due to erratic rainfall or warm temperatures. Families we serve are struggling to keep their homes as the water around them rises.
In Laudato Si’, we are reminded that it is our responsibility to care for the earth –- our common home. Here, Catholic Relief Services offers resources for you to respond, and stories for you to share, including:
- A primer on how our faith invites us to care for God's creation
- Prayers and clergy resources
- Lesson plans and activities for all ages
- Letters you can send your representatives
- Academic and technical articles
- Additional links and resources
Below, we share stories of the effects of climate change on our brothers and sisters overseas. We invite you to visit often for these resources, and for updated stories.
Our relationship with the environment can never be isolated from our relationship with others and with God
- Pope Francis Laudato Si, 119
An innovative project involving smallholder farmers aims to reduce poverty among participating farmers, and to mitigate climate change by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.Read more...