The ASPIRE Program is a unique opportunity for individuals who seek to transform their passion for relief and development work into a career with Catholic Relief Services. Through this structured field-based learning program, ASPIRE participants build skills in key areas of programming and operations while working alongside experienced staff and supporting critical programs. ASPIRE participants benefit from strong supervision, mentoring and regional networking as they prepare for positions of greater responsibility with CRS.
Unique Program Offerings
Learning & Professional Development
Practical training: Through hands-on experience and extensive training, participants will gain experience and hone their skills in project management, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, project design and proposal development, partnership and capacity strengthening, communications, operations and more.
Mentorship: Each participant will be paired with a mentor who will be actively involved in providing guidance, feedback and career coaching.
Customized professional experience: In addition to the core training, participants will build their skills in a specific area related to their professional development goals, and strategically position themselves for onward positions with CRS.
Regional networking: Participants will be part of the regional community of practice to share successes, challenges, and lessons learned from their work.
Make a Difference
Together with experienced CRS staff and partners, ASPIRE participants will make great strides to end poverty and promote peace and self-reliance in Asia. While supporting CRS’ critical work in programming and operations, ASPIRE participants will contribute to strategic and sustainable development projects in various sectors (such as health, agriculture, education, disaster risk reduction and emergency response, peacebuilding) and gain experience in the core operational areas (such as human resources, supply chain, finance) that make this programming possible.
ASPIRE participants will learn how CRS strengthens local governments’ and organizations’ ability to address the challenges in their communities and countries. As part of their comprehensive practical training, ASPIRE participants will gain hands-on experience in project design, management and operations. Illustrative activities include:
- Participating in project design workshops
- Supporting real-time project assessments and data collection
- Developing and implementing monitoring and accountability frameworks
- Writing reports and project proposals
- Preparing communication materials
- Organizing learning events
- Supporting operations (Human Resources, Finance, Security)
We seek diverse and qualified candidates and welcome people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g. International Development, Agriculture, Health, Business, Communications, Public Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain)
- Most recent educational degree (Bachelor, Master's or higher) conferred no more than 18 months prior to ASPIRE program start date of January 2022
- Strong speaking and writing skills in English
- National of a participating country (India, Cambodia, the Philippines)
- Willingness to travel (up to 10-15% of the time)
- Ability to work respectfully and professionally in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Graduate degree (Master level or higher)
- Six months or more of relevant work experience (may include internships, volunteer or paid work experience)
- Experience in communications, monitoring and evaluation, and/or proposal development (may vary by country)
- Knowledge of local languages (see FAQ for details)
- Female candidates are preferred
Application & Selection
The application will be open from October 1 - November 30, 2021.
All applicants to the ASPIRE Program must apply online, following the three simple steps outlined below. Interested candidates are encouraged to review the eligibility requirements and FAQs for important guidance on the motivation letter and online application.
Prepare your motivation letter
Prepare your CV or resume
Complete the online application
Click on the link below to access the online application for your country.
Selection Process & Timing
Applications will be accepted through November 30, 2021. Strong candidates will be invited to an in-person interview in December. CRS will extend offers to the finalists in January 2022, after conducting background and reference checks.
Due to the high volume of applications and rolling basis of the review, candidates will only be contacted if and when they advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Engage With Us
We encourage you to join us for a webinar on the ASPIRE Program. Our webinars are an opportunity for you to informally exchange with our team—learn more about CRS and the ASPIRE Program, ask your questions, etc. We offer webinars on the dates and times listed below. Choose a session that works for you and join by simply clicking on this link or calling +1 443-290-6516, conference ID: 80122928#
October 18, 2021
India: 1:30pm (UTC + 5:30)
Cambodia: 3:00pm (UTC + 7)
Philippines: 4:00pm (UTC + 8)
November 3, 2021
India: 11:30am (UTC + 5:30)
Cambodia: 1:00pm (UTC + 7)
Philippines: 2:00pm (UTC + 8)
November 11, 2021
India: 9:30am (UTC + 5:30)
Cambodia: 11:00am (UTC + 7)
Philippines: 12:00 noon (UTC + 8)
November 19, 2021
India: 3:30pm (UTC + 5:30)
Cambodia: 5:00pm (UTC + 7)
Philippines: 6:00pm (UTC + 8)
Frequently Asked Questions
We are glad you are interested in learning more about the ASPIRE Program. In our FAQs, we strive to answer questions you may have around the application and selection process, career opportunities, and more. For additional information, please join an information session or email us at [email protected].
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
CRS is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Selection and hiring decisions are made without regard to sex, gender identity, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected area.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, due to a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email [email protected].