Charitable IRA Rollover Gifts

Across the world CRS is helping to address urgent needs for the most vulnerable and your IRA Rollover Gift can do more to help those who suffer. An IRA Rollover is an easy way to help by making a qualified charitable distribution from your traditional or Roth IRA directly to CRS to support our life-giving work and avoid increasing your taxable income.

You can make a charitable IRA rollover gift if:

  • You are over 70½.
  • You transfer funds directly from a traditional IRA or a Roth IRA, and your IRA gifts for a given tax year total $100,000 or less.
  • You transfer the gift outright to one or more public charities such as Catholic Relief Services, but not to supporting organizations, donor advised funds, charitable trusts or gift annuities.

Remember to consult with your tax planner or financial advisor before making any decisions regarding your IRA account. If you are ready to complete an IRA Rollover gift please complete this form and send it to your IRA Custodian. 


To Learn More:

Questions? Concerns? We're here to help:

Planned Giving Team
[email protected]
800-235-2772, ext. 7262