Syria Crisis: Assistance for Refugees
Syria's escalating civil war has killed more than 400,000 since the unrest began in March 2011. Tragically, the death toll continues to rise, and more than 6.6 million people are now internally displaced. Thousands of people have fled to neighboring countries and Syrian families struggle daily to survive.
Catholic Relief Services and our Caritas partners in the region are reaching out to Syrian refugees and providing hope and assistance with education, counseling and care for children, housing, and livelihood support. We also provide basic necessities. We support urgent medical care and emergency relief for tens of thousands of Syrian refugees in the areas most affected by the conflict.
Despite the ongoing violence, the Catholic Church and CRS believe that a peaceful solution to this conflict is possible.
Read More About the Syria Refugee Crisis
- Syrian Refugee Crisis: 7 Things You Can Do to Help
- Syria Refugee Crisis by the Numbers
- Quotes from Church Teachings on the Rights of Refugees and Migrants
What You Can Do to Help Refugees
- Help Innocent Families Affected by the Violence in Syria
- Pray for Peace for Syria
- Urge Your Members of Congress to Do More to Help Syrian Refugee