Syria Crisis: Assistance for Refugees
As the fighting in Syria rages on and thousands are fleeing the battle in Aleppo, Catholic Relief Services supports the efforts of Pope Francis, who appealed for “an end to the violence and the peaceful resolution of hostilities” in Syria.
With the war approaching its 6th year, more than 400,000 people have been killed in Syria and 4.8 million people have fled to neighboring countries.
While the needs of the refugees grow, Catholic Relief Services and our Caritas partners in the region are providing assistance with education, counseling and care for children, housing, and livelihood support. We also provide basic necessities. We support urgent medical care and emergency relief for tens of thousands of Syrian refugees in the areas most affected by the conflict.
Read More About the Syria Refugee Crisis
- Syrian Refugee Crisis: 7 Things You Can Do to Help
- Syria Refugee Crisis by the Numbers
- Quotes from Church Teachings on the Rights of Refugees and Migrants
What You Can Do to Help Refugees
- Help Innocent Families Affected by the Violence in Syria
- Pray for Peace for Syria
- Urge Your Members of Congress to Do More to Help Syrian Refugee