Responding to the Refugee Crisis
"I would like to ask you all to see a ray of hope as well in the eyes and hearts of refugees and of those who have been forcibly displaced ... I admire the courage of those who hope to be able gradually to resume a normal life, waiting for joy and love to return to brighten their existence. We can and must all nourish this hope!" — Pope Francis
- Pray for protection of refugees as well as for personal transformation as we face the needs of refugees everywhere.
- Host a solidarity vigil, which includes prayer, education and advocacy.
- Offer prayer and general intercessions for peace in Syria.
- Offer prayer and general intercessions for peace in Iraq.
- Review a fact sheet with information about how CRS is providing education and care for refugee and internally displaced children in the Middle East.
- Watch videos about what life is like for refugees and how they are being assisted by CRS:
- Read an article from Our Sunday Visitor about the "moral imperative" to help refugees.
- Encourage your members of Congress to support Syrian refugees.
- Post on social media to raise awarness about and show solidarity with Syrian refugees. Sample post with photo:
Did you know more than half of Syrian refugees in the Middle East children? Here's how the Church is responding and how you can help bit.ly/1PFSljy