Wills, Trusts and Bequests
Wills, Trusts and Bequests Resources
CRS Wills Kit: The Catholic Relief Services Wills Kit provides valuable information on what you need to know so that you can begin preparing or revising your will.
Why Choose a Bequest Through My Will or Trust?
A bequest to Catholic Relief Services through your will or trust is a powerful expression of your commitment to caring for poor and disadvantaged men, women and children around the world.
What Is Important for Me to Know About Bequests?
- Your bequest is private. Your gift is known only to you, your attorney and the people you choose to inform of your plans.
- You can change or revoke your bequest at any time.
- Your bequest is not payable until after your lifetime, so it does not affect your assets or savings during your lifetime.
What Are My Options?
We invite you to consider including CRS in your bequest plans. When naming CRS to receive a bequest, you have a number of options to tailor your bequest to your personal circumstances:
- You can designate a specific amount.
- You can designate a percentage of your entire estate.
- You can designate a percentage of the remainder of your estate after all other bequests and distributions are satisfied.
What If I Already Have a Will?
Because circumstances change over time, you'll want to keep your will up to date. To make a change such as adding a bequest, you may need only a codicil. This document amends, rather than replaces, your existing will.
If you need to make more major changes, it may be best to make a new will. A new will revokes your existing will. In either case, consult with your attorney.
I'd Like to Become Part of the CRS Legacy Circle
When you leave a legacy that helps advance the work of CRS, you are extending your faith beyond your lifetime. Your legacy brings hope for a better future to some of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people. Let us know when you have made a bequest to CRS as part of your estate plan, and it will be our honor to add your name to the CRS Legacy Circle Memorial book. You will be remembered each week at Mass in St. Stephen's Chapel at CRS world headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. Please contact CRS Planned Giving:
| CRS Planned Giving|
228 West Lexington Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3443
What Other Legacy Gift Options Are Available?
If you don't want to make a bequest through your will or trust, consider these other gift options: