Manuals | September 3, 2008
Rapid Rural Appraisal and Participatory Rural Appraisal
The purpose of this manual is to familiarize users with RRA and PRA methods, to demonstrate the applicability of these methods to CRS funded projects and to encourage the rigorous application of the methods in order to obtain the best results.
Volume one addresses the generic use of RRA and PRA in development projects. The information here is relevant to people working in any sector.
Volume two focuses on the use of these methods to address specific sectoral concerns.
- About This Manual
- An Introduction to Information Gathering, Participatory Research, and RRA and PRA
- How to Put Together an RRA or PRA to Do Field Research
- The Tools and Techniques Used to Gather Information in RRA and PRA
- Maintaining Flexibility, Creativity and Your Sense of Adventure
- Using RRA and PRA for Sectoral Research
- Case Studies from the Field