World Malaria Day is April 25
How to defend against this persistent, unwelcome houseguest.
Five Facts About Malaria's Carrier: Anopheles
- Anopheles mosquitoes are found everywhere in the world except Antarctica.
- Of around 3,500 mosquito species, only 30 to 40 transmit malaria.
- Mosquitoes can develop from egg to adult in as little as five days.
- The female Anopheles mosquito carries malaria parasites.
- The female mosquito usually needs a blood meal for her eggs to develop.
Stories About Malaria
The Global Fund Advances the Mission of CRS
With support from the Global Fund, CRS has teamed with the Catholic Church and other partners to provide critical health services including malaria treatment and prevention measures.
Under the Malaria Safety Net in Niger
Hawa knows the nightmare of malaria. So now, every night, she herds her brood under the mosquito net. Then she crawls in after them.
Gambian Women Take Up Fight Against Malaria
In The Gambia, 18 women formed a group to save money. They soon began saving their community from malaria.