You can make a difference in the lives of people who struggle in the midst of poverty, disease, war and injustice. Pray. Learn. Act. Speak out. Get involved as an individual, a family, a school, a parish or faith community.
Join CRS and the Church in praying for peace, healing and hope in the world. Find prayers, prayer services, retreats, prayer books, reflections and other resources to deepen our connection with one another and the poor and vulnerable around the world.
Knowledge is a powerful weapon. Learn about issues that affect families and communities in the developing world and take the first step in combating hunger, disease, injustice — and our own impassivity. Find out how you can:
- Learn about hunger and poverty overseas as you and your family observe the Lenten practices of prayer, fasting and almsgiving.
- Become a more informed consumer by learning about the fair trade practices that ensure poor farmers, artisans and laborers receive fair wages.
- Help kids understand other cultures around the world as well as issues of poverty, injustice and peace.
- Raise awareness on your campus about such issues as the Darfur crisis in Sudan, migration, HIV and AIDS and other critical problems facing the poor and vulnerable around the world.
- Witness firsthand the challenges families and communities face in the developing world and how CRS works with them to improve their lives.
- Stay informed about the people CRS serves overseas.
Make a direct, positive impact on the lives of our brothers and sisters in need overseas. Get involved by:
- Shopping responsibly. Whether you're buying chocolate, coffee or handcrafts, the CRS Fair Trade program gives you a concrete way to put your consumer dollars to work for poor farmers, artisans and laborers overseas.
- Inviting speakers to your parish. Many priests, deacons, educators and other faith leaders travel to CRS programs overseas in order to bear witness to the poverty, conflict, injustice — and hope.
- Fasting. Make the tragedy of hunger tangible through one of our faith's deep traditions.
- Observing Lent with your entire family. Focus on the lives of the poor overseas as you pray, fast, give and learn this Lenten season.
- Enriching your faith community. Get the tools and resources to integrate Catholic Social Teaching into every facet of diocesan and parish life.
Engaging your campus. Get your college and university campus involved through education, action and prayer.
Bring your faith to bear in the public square. Get involved to bring about changes that can uproot the causes of poverty, conflict and injustice. Raise your voice on issues such as immigration, foreign aid to poor countries, peace in the Holy Land, poverty and other critical concerns. Join CRS and the Catholic Church in advocating in support of our brothers and sisters worldwide.