Our Pledge to Donors
Catholic Relief Services is committed to adhering to the intent of each donor's gift. Without the compassion and generosity of so many, we could not do our work for the poor and vulnerable overseas.
In the spirit of your faithful compassion and the trust you place in us, the following is our pledge to you.
Catholic Relief Services pledges to:
- Provide accurate and current information on the use of donated resources and dollars.
- Use all donations for the purposes for which they were given.
- Acknowledge all donations and support.
- Be honorable, professional and forthright in dealings with every organization and individual.
- Respect each and every donation.
- Keep all donor information confidential.
- Give every donor the opportunity to have their names deleted from internal, external and shared mailing lists.
- Welcome questions from donors and answer all questions in a prompt and truthful manner.
- Remain vigilant and informed of the identity and backgrounds of all those who serve on our executive and governing boards and hold those in decision-making positions to the highest standard.
- Be open and transparent in reporting of donations and resources.
- Make every financial report available to donors, media and the public.
Catholic Relief Services commits annually to these organizations to meet their standards that address stewardship, ethics and organizational effectiveness.
Code of Stewardship and Ethics
Donor Bill of Rights
InterAction's Private Voluntary Organization Standards
Standards for Charity Accountability
For more information about our finances or your donation, please call 1-877-435-7277 (1-877-HELP-CRS).