International Development Fellows Program (IDFP)
The Catholic Relief Services' International Development Fellows Program (IDFP) gives people who are interested in a career in international relief and development an opportunity to increase their overseas experience and gain exposure to our programs. Each year, CRS places approximately 20-25 Fellows with our country programs overseas. Assignments are for 8-12 months, starting in early September. Specific job responsibilities vary greatly from one country to another depending on the country program's focus (Agriculture, Health, Peacebuilding, Education, Microfinance, or a combination of these). The goal of the IDFP is to place Fellows in positions where they can draw on their previous education and work experience, while broadening their skills. Most of our fellowships lead to regular positions with Catholic Relief Services.
Speaking from Experience: 2013-2014 IDFP Fellow Videos
Nadia Rahman - Nigeria
Eric Wise - Kenya
Anne-Claire Benoit - DRC
Rafael Merchan - Malawi
The 2015-16 IDFP online application is now closed.
For frequently asked questions about the International Development Fellows Program, please see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
- Graduate degree in a field relevant to international development.
- Professional proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic. French preferred.
- At least 12 months overseas work or volunteer experience in a developing country.
- Strong cross-cultural skills with the ability to adapt to the local culture.
- Ability to operate effectively in a stressful, fast changing environment where security could change unexpectedly.
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills.
- Interest in a career in development or emergency relief with Catholic Relief Services
- Commitment to CRS Principles
- Desire to work for a faith-based organization.
CRS provides the IDFP participants with the following benefits:
- Stipend of $24,875 annually
- Cost of living adjustment
- Furnished housing
- Transportation to and from the country of assignment
- Medical Evacuation Coverage
- Medical, Life, Travel, Accident, and Personal/Household Effects Insurance.
IDFP is now on Facebook! Like the Catholic Relief Services - International Development Fellows Program page for updates, tips and relevant information.
IDFP is now on Twitter! Tweet us at @CRS_IDFP.